Full Sized Barley Bale
- One full sized bale of all natural, Wisconsin grown barley straw bale – For Large Ponds.
- Measurements: 32″ x 19″ x 14″
- Weight: 26 lbs.
- Mesh bag in picture is not included, it is just there for scale.
- Farmers have been using full sized barley bales for many years in their farm ponds to promote clean and clear water.
- Bales need to be submerged in the water.
- More water circulation is better.
- As the barley decays, it helps to promote clear and clean water.
- Apply at the rate of approximately 4 or 5 bales per surface acre of water.
- Install in early spring, replace in approximately three to six months.
All Natural Full Sized Bale, 32" x 19" x 14", 26 lbs.
These bags can be left to float in the water, slowly sinking over time, but for greatest effectiveness, you should anchor or weight them in a few feet of water. More water circulation will help with their effectiveness.
On very large ponds we will simply sink the entire bale near the pond edge, just under the water. Or, we use our large mesh bags. We break apart the bale and stuff it into the mesh bags along with a rock to sink it. Very easy application. One bale fills about 6 mesh bags. If you'd rather have biodegradable bags, try our large burlap bags. Not as large as our mesh bags, but completely biodegradable.
|Dimensions||32 × 14 × 19 in|